How to RP in habbo.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realism & Detail.

Go down

Realism & Detail. Empty Realism & Detail.

Post  Nichols Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:13 am

Okay, these are crucial elements to role-play & are not hard to learn and pick up.

Realism - It's basic and only requires common sense, if your a human you can't shoot around walls, you can't magically summon a sword etc etc. So when you roleplay the easiest way to do this is imagine yourself in the situation, like it is real the real world where things like this simply can not happen. Here is an example of " Unrealism " & then " Realism "

Guy : * Pulls the pin of a grenade *
Guy : * Throws it at you *
Guy : * It explodes at your feet *
You : * survives the blast *

The easiest way to do this is imagine yourself in the situation, like it is real the real world where things like this simply can not happen. Here is an example of " Unrealism " & then " Realism "

That is simply not realistic, so it is not realism. I know if you were new the last thing you want to do is die right? Well thats part of Role Play, the scenes you partake in and create.

Guy : * Pulls the pin of a grenade *
Guy : * Throws it at you *
Guy : * It explodes at your feet *
You : * The blast throws me back *
Guy : * The blast cause internal damage *
guy : * You from the blast *

That is good, you died sure thats not good but the point is it was realistic.

Detail : Role Play has 2 aspects, the speed in which you can Role Play and how good you are at Role Play now you may think the speed is most important WRONG in percentage it would be 80 % Role Play ability and 20 speed. A massive aspect of Role Play ability is detail, and its simple aswell. Describe the smells of the area you would be in the sounds your emotions even things you would do in real life like scratching your head. All these things count in detail, I will give another example, The scene is this your walking into a bar It's filled with smoke and looks like a seedy bar.

Example Of No Detail :

* walks into the bar *
* walks to the bar *
* sits on a stool *
* orders a drink *
* drinks the drink *
* finishes the drink *

That is boring...

An Example Of Detail

* As i walk into the bar the smell of smoke fills my nose. *
* Looking around the bar at the people inside. *
* Notices three bikeys playing pool. *
* Walking to the bar, my shoes sticking to the dirty sticky floor. *
* Sits myself down at the bar *
* Lands on the seat with thud *
*thump*
* Streteches out my legs as I order a drink *
* Sipping at my drink as i observe the bar *
* Finishing off the drink, sitting the glass on the bar *

Not only does it look better it gives you the chance to engage others in your Role Play.
Nichols
Nichols

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum